Mobile Web Ghana will be organising it’s first ever Mobile Entrepreneurs Congress on the 10th December 2011 in Accra. This event is focused on connecting people/ entrepreneurs interested in mobile technologies to the various players in the mobile industry. It will be a time for all people in the mobile ecosystem to meet, share and learn new ideas. MEC aims at showcasing and exploring the potential of the mobile in Ghana; and also to explore new ways humanity gets connected through technology. At this conference, participants will exchange ideas and shape the future of the mobile industry in Ghana.
The focus of the conference will be on the following:
- Development of relevant apps for the local communities
- Sources of funding for mobile business startups/ Growing a mobile business
- Developing profitable apps and having the right attitude in business
- Emerging Technologies – Mobile Money, Mobile banking, mobile schooling, mobile health, mobile transportation
- Mobile Trends and capacity development
- Understanding mobile usage pattern: Statistics on the type of mobile devices and consumer behavior/ UI
- The role of content aggregators in the mobile ecosystem
Speakers include: Mark Davies – C.E.O Esoko/Busy Internet, Mr. John Totoe – C.E.O Mobile Content, Mr. Carl Ashie-Airtel, Mr. Nana Sarpong – iOS Developer from Ghana, Vodafone Ghana, Dr. Nii Quaynor, Pius Tuffour – VAS Manager at Vodafone Ghana, Yaw Ankoma Agyapong – Vodafone Ghana.