It’s a gathering of developers, creative designers, academia, civil society groups, media men and women, government and the entire citizenry in Ghana to liberate, scrape and visualize data, write applications, and publish analyses using open public data to show support for and encourage the adoption of open data policies by the Government of Ghana.
Who is this for?
This event is for YOU! It’s for everyone ranging from application developers to creative designers, academia, civil society groups, media men and women, bloggers, government workers, statisticians, researchers, librarians and the entire citizenry to connect, share ideas and create life changing applications in the areas of Health, Education, Telecommunication, Energy, Agriculture, Sanitation, Real Estates, Crime reduction, Road traffic management and many more.
What to Expect
A lot will be going on. So… expect to:
- Have lots of fun whiles learning more about open data.
- Find out about apps being created, and get to play around with them as well.
- Learn where and how to find your community-related open data and use the right tools to scrape and visualize them.
- Help out with parts of the conceptualization, creation, design, advertisement and testing of community focused, life changing apps.
- Meet & network with tons of like-minded people
- Voice your opinion & share your ideas with the people and media attending.
** Please bring your laptop along.
**Breakfast, lunch and Coffee will be served.