On Saturday, Mobile Web Ghana was privileged to host Betty Enyonam Kumahor on A Day In Tech. A Day In Tech is a monthly event organized by Mobile Web Ghana in partnership with Origgin to strengthen our community of Mobile Technology Entrepreneurs.
In July we invited the regional Managing Director of ThoughtWorks to speak on the Topic “Raising Young Entrepreneurs In Ghana”. Enyonam reechoed the fact that Africa is rising. Comparing current macro and individual factors to the past, it is fair to say that Africa is rising. She mentioned that Technology has a big role to play in this rise.
“Technology is the currency for economic and social development.”
In technology lies an opportunity for young people to become entrepreneurs. She encouraged young tech entrepreneurs to:
- Build their personal quality.
- Build apps that can utilize the bandwidth available on our shores.
- Take chances (if you’re in your twenties).
- Fail fast, learn from it.
- Dream big
- Find your tribe (team-up with others of like-mind)
- Read books (Getting Things Done, Power of Habits, Will Power)
You can follow Enyonam on her blog at www.enyonam.com